Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Area dog loves tennis ball

Eagan, MN - After running around his owner's back yard for over an hour, local dog Albie, a seven month old Golden Retriever declared, yet again, "I really love chasing this tennis ball!" With his tail wagging furiously he then darted off to the corner for another retrieve.

"It's like, I don't know, man. I can't help myself," the dark red puppy explained. "I think I don't want to do it anymore and then I see that ball sailing through the air and this force compels me after it. It's the greatest feeling in the world."

When Albie's owner isn't tossing the ball around the yard the energetic pup likes to pick the ball up and set it down in his owner's lap.


"I think he forgets how much I love to do this," Albie explained. "I mean sure, every once in a while my owner needs to eat or go to the can, but there are times when I'm sure he wants to toss the ball with me but just forgets, so I just drop the ball into his lap. If that doesn't work I bark."

"Yeah, I can be a little manic," the dog continued. "I fixate on things. I bark. I don't mean no harm. I just love to play ball. I mean I...hey...wait? Do you have a ball? Is there a tennis ball in your pocket? I'll just jump up on you and check with my pawns. I'll bet you have one in there somewhere. Are you holding out on me? What's your problem, man? I'm going to nip at your fingers because I...oh, no, I'm so sorry, I didn't mean to do that. I don't know what came over me. I'll be good. I'm sorry, man. I'm cool. I'm cool, man! Aww geez, now my owner is tossing me into the kennel. But just tell me, did you have a tennis ball?"

No comments: