Thursday, January 04, 2007

Power Shift: Cindy Sheenhan Arrives, Dem Cut and Run?


The liberals have created a monster in Cindy Sheehan. It's not that I don't feel terrible for her, I do. I think it's terrible that one life should be lost in Iraq. Still, and I say this with much humility, she is an excellent example of why people should have a full-time job rather than be funded by extremists. She has gone plaid, showing up at-will disrupting the high-profile events of her choosing, probably doing more harm than good at this point. That said, I think it's very amusing that no one can stop her.

Today, Iraq war protesters, led by Sheehan, broke up a press conference by House Democrats on Wednesday with chants to bring American troops home from Iraq. Chanting "de-escalate, investigate, troops home now," the protesters disrupted a briefing aimed at outlining priority goals when Democrats take over the House and Senate on Thursday.

First of all, I have to give credit out (sincerely) to MsUnderestimated, a conservative blog which led with the headline: Dems Cut & Run…Then Mother Sheehan Takes the Stage (VIDEO). Come on, that's a good headline. Secondly, that Fox News shot of Sheehan at the podium with "Power Shift" under her name, that's priceless. This whole thing is just pretty damn funny.

I really do encourage you to read the whole story right here.

No comments: