Thursday, October 19, 2006

Priest Did Not Have Sex With Foley

The Rev. Anthony Mercieca, 72, who now lives on the Island of Gozo, denied ever having sex wtih Mark Foley. But he did go naked in saunas with Mark Foley.

"We were friends and trusted each other as brothers and loved each other as brothers," Mercieca said in a chilling statement.

"We never had sex, OK? I fear God," Mercieca stated firmly. "But I did give the boy a reach-around...once. No, sorry, twice...there was that time at the cabin. Ah, that boy was like a son to me."

The Sarasota Herald-Tribune reported meetings that included naked massages, skinny-dipping in a secluded lake, and drug use.

Once again Ten Commandment worship is paying dividends.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey! I like your site. I wrote about my thoughts on the Foley situation here:

http://marinagrace.squarespace.com/journal/2006/10/7/the-bird-is-caged-in-a-manner-of-speaking.html