Sunday, August 17, 2008

W. Trailer Teaser

I saw the new trailer for Oliver Stone's upcoming movie W. a biopic on our beloved and troubled president. I'll admit, when I first heard about the film I was skeptical but after seeing the trailer, I'm not going to miss it.



I like what Stone has had to say about his motivation for making the film too:

I want a fair, true portrait of the man. How did Bush go from an alcoholic bum to the most powerful figure in the world? It's like Frank Capra territory on one hand, but I'll also cover the demons in his private life, his bouts with his dad and his conversion to Christianity, which explains a lot of where he is coming from. It includes his belief that God personally chose him to be president of the United States, and his coming into his own with the stunning, preemptive attack on Iraq. It will contain surprises for Bush supporters and his detractors.


The movie stars Josh Brolin as junior Bush, James Cromwell as the elder Bush, Ellyn Burstyn as Barbara Bush, Scott Glenn as Rummy, Rob Corddry as Ari Fleischer, and Richard Dreyfuss as Dick Cheney. The thing could suck, but the acting list is solid and the trailer is great.