Thursday, June 26, 2008

Kanye once again offended, sucks

"It broke my heart that I couldn't give these fans 'Stronger' in its
greatest form," said West, referring to his hit song. "I'm sorry to
everyone that I didn't have the ability 2 give the performance I wanted
to. I'm sorry."

Kanye West defended himself from criticism over his delayed performance at a Tennessee festival saying on his blog that the criticism he has endured has made him "the most offended I've ever been."

West, who was scheduled to go on at 2:45 a.m. on June 15 didn't actually take the stage until 4:25 a.m., inciting a revolt from the crowd who had stayed to see the rapper perform. While waiting for the show to start the crowd pelted the stage with glow sticks and beer, while chanting "Kanye sucks." The delay was caused by issues erecting West's extravagant stage set which includes planetary landscapes and a giant video screen.

Kanye's defense came in a blog post, written in caps, at www.kanyeuniversity.com. "This Bonnaroo thing is the worst insult I've ever had in my life," he wrote. And that's saying a lot. If you remember West was once totally dissed at the Grammys, being sidelined by Britney Spears. West later lashed out at MTV for exploiting Spears for ratings.

West concluded by saying his elaborate stage cuts his payday in half and leaves him icing his knees. "Call me what you want," he said, "but never say I didn't give my all!"

This just in: you're an asshole.


No comments: