Wednesday, February 28, 2007

John Edwards to fight povery from new, 29,000 square foot home

If there are two Americas, John Edwards is living in the high-rent district of the first. Edwards and family have recently moved into a 29,000 square foot home, the largest in the county. The house sits on a 102 acre estate.

The main house is all on one level except for a 600-square-foot bedroom and bath area above the guest garage. The recreation building contains a basketball court, a squash court, two stages, a bedroom, kitchen, bathrooms, swimming pool, a four-story tower, and a room designated “John’s Lounge.”

“The Edwardses’ residential property will likely have the highest tax value in the county,” Orange County Tax Assessor John Smith told Carolina Journal. He estimated that the tax value will exceed $6 million when the facility is completed.

I can't even concieve of 29,000 square feet or 102 acres. All I know is his 600 sq foot bedroom is the size of the apartment I was living in two years ago. That said, I am not above such opulence. Hell, for me to be happy all I need is my health, and my millions of dollars, and my gold house, and my rocket car. But if I were running for President on a platform which consists of preaching about the evils of the system, the systemic problem of poverty, and how so many are being left behind, I don't think I'd be building a $6 million dollar house.


You say you want a revolution? Well, you know, we all want to change the world.

No comments: