Monday, October 17, 2005

Stop the Mrazness

There's an ominous evil hanging over this country and he must be stopped. Of course I'm talking about Jason Mraz. The Curbside Prophet whose rocket, unfortunately, has not come has released his new single "The Geek in the Pink". Here's a sample of his handiwork.

I'm the geek in the pink pink pink
I'm the geek in the pink
yeah
I'm the geek in the pink
All y'all geek is the new color for fall

All I want to know is where have you gone, Simon and Garfunkel?

I may be skinny at times but I'm fat fulla rhymes
Isn't it delicious crazy way that I'm kissin'
Cause baby listen to this don't wanna miss it while I'm hittin'

I once met a girl in Milwaukee. She was a lovely, intelligent woman full of laughter. I took her to see Jason Mraz and she loved it. She sang all the lyrics, and I liked it too. But after hearing "Wordplay" and now this I'm glad she never called me again. All I've got to say to her is:

If we never get down it wouldn't be the let down
But sugar don't forget what you already know
I could be the one to turn you on
You could be the talk across the town
Don't judge it by the color, confuse it with another
You might regret what you let slip away

Something like that

No comments: