Sunday, July 10, 2005

Late-Summer Movie Round-Up

I wish I had thought of this a few months ago, starting with "Star Wars: Episode III" (which I liked). But now we enter into those timorous waters, the dumping ground of summer movies. It's kind of like that scene in "The Empire Strikes Back" where the Star Destroyer drops all its garbage before jumping to hyperspace. Hollywood is that Star Destroyer! So you don't get caught smelling like refuse I will now predict the remaining big summer movies.

6-24 "Bewitched" - BAD - come on.
7-8 "Fantastic Four" - BAD - it looks like it has the whole formula for comic book movies, so it will be too cliche and rehashed.
7-22 "Bad News Bears" - I want to say GOOD - Thornton revisits his "Bad Santa" guise, which was as good as gold.
7-29 "Stealth" - BAD
8-5 "Dukes of Hazard" - GOOD - I'm not sure, maybe it's just Jessica Simpson, but I'll probably go see it.
7-15 "Charlie and the Chocolate Factory" - BAD - Depp + Burton = Michael Jackson?
7-29 "Sky High" - GOOD - the name is terrible, but I liked the preview.
7-22 "The Island" - GOOD? - I have a big tolerance for sci-fi movies.
8-12 "Deuce Bigelow: European Gigolo - BAD - Schneider should stick to cameos in Sandler films which shouldn't even be made.

Happy viewing!

No comments: